Friday, 18 September 2026

Bristol and Constantinople

If you walk around Bristol docks, especially Bathurst Basin, you may spot something odd.

Byzantium.

Clearly, this building was built more recently, certainly younger than when Constantinople existed.

I spotted it, raised the Holga to my eye and captured it.

Then I started seeing the architectural motif on other buildings. In fact, it’s everywhere.

I'm no architectural photographer. I'm just a bloke with a Holga.

So just grabbing the shot and moving on is OK.

And that's really all this photograph is. I saw something interesting, pointed the camera at it and pressed the shutter

4 comments:

  1. I don't recall seeing those when I lived and worked there. I clearly wasn't paying enough attention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad I took a photo otherwise people might question my sanity

      Delete
  2. I've walked around Bristol for 50 odd years and only spotted it earlier in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 😂😂🤪🤪

    ReplyDelete