This was the first frame of a 36-exposure roll of Ilford FP4 Plus, shot on a trip that eventually took me to Bath.
I always worry about getting that first frame in the bag. It’s like the photographic day hasn’t really started until I’ve taken it.
It was pouring with rain and the light was awful. I took the shot at f/4 and 1/20th, not really knowing what I was going to get.
The train arriving at the platform near my home turned out to be a pretty good way to start.
The detail is impressive, but it’s the atmosphere I like most. Rain, low light and a train appearing from the gloom.
Not a bad first frame.
I remember lookIng at this on your phone, it's a cracking image
ReplyDeleteThanks Dave ☺️ Do you have first frame anxiety or do you not worry about it? It seems daft in the cold light of day, but there it is.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest I thought we all suffered from it. I’m never comfortable until the shutter has fired for the first time … it’s the point at which we know the film is properly loaded and the camera functioning as it should
DeleteExactly 💯
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete