Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Canals and Holgas

I am drawn to canals. I think that is nothing better than a walk along a canal, especially in the Autumn. While the Autumn is a while off yet, I am yearning for cooler days and changing colours.  Canal walking, although all walking,  keeps you fit (ish) and your mental health good. The best bit is that there is usually a tea shop, where you can sit and enjoy a hot drink and a slice of cake. always something to look forward to.

I take a Holga, with a roll of film installed, with me. This photograph is a lucky frame from a roll that I deliberately exposed using the bulb mode of the Holga, but hand held.  Yes it's less than pin sharp but the ethereal feel of the photo works for me.  It is another toll in the tool box of the creative photographer, in using the camera in a way probably not intended by the manufacturer.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holga almost demands that it be used creatively. I remember these experiments and they're were some captivating results IIRC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave and yes this isn't a new photo but the archives can inspire more creativity IMHO.

      Delete